Monday, January 9, 2012

My thoughts and plans and deepest secrets...

Well... not really... I just thought I'd write something quickly before I went to bed. The weather for the past few days has been awful and it has given me time to think. And now writing a book on working goats and thinking about raising meat rabbits.

I called Harry today while I was at school (school has started again by the way) and he will be coming out when it dries up to plow a section of the land so we can plant an alfalfa mix. I'm planning to sell the hay to a friend who has a milking doe and I think the alfalfa's strong root system might improve the soil since MSD (local sewage department) messed it all up.

I'm not sure if I've posted about Harry before... he is a retired army mechanic who helped us harvest hay for the first time last year. I'm so grateful.... The hay is beautiful, the goats are wasting next to nothing and there should be enough to last us through to the next cutting.

Dad has cleaned up the barn beautifully and I hope to set up a station for reading fecals soon.... maybe I'll do a post on that :)

That's all for now... I have to be at class at eight and so I mun to bed.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment