Sunday, October 9, 2011

Home again Home again...

Well the fair was fun, exhausting, chaotic... But at least we made quite a few kiddos happy. Unfortunately I wasn't able to play with the other goats... I started to but it was at the end of the day and they were a lot more skittish than when I went down last week... so I let them be. Never mind....

It was a fun time though. Perfect weather, a good number of people, and pulp from apple juicing (to Merry's joy.) If you had been there you might periodically seen a goat, harnessed to a cart with a small child in it barreling down between the vendors to come to a grinding halt in front of the apple stand. It wasn't quite as out of control as it sounds. I was careful of the small ones. Actually, one of the first kids to have this experience called out to me as we were running "slow down slow down! you'll hurt the little house!" (the little house was a doll's house set up point out sustainability issues.)

What was really cool was talking to a man who had his two Suffolk Draft horses and was doing a logging demo. They were gorgeous and he also gave me a few tips on logging with goats! I hope to try it sometime in the near future.

More photos to follow when I get them....
M.

1 comment:

  1. Logging with goats! What an excellent idea! :D

    Sounds like you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete